Monday, June 22, 2009

Iran Coverage

I've been glued to CNN Newsroom lately following coverage of the election protests in Tehran, Iran. Just a big picture comment -- the past 12 months or so have been so historically significant. For the first time in my 22 years I started to realize I was witnessing history, and I never really felt that way about much in my lifetime. Domestically we see an African-American President; abroad, we see protests in Iran that are comparable to the draft-card burning that happened during the Vietnam era in the U.S. Muslim women are in the streets voicing an opinion that's contrary to the official government stance. They're being beaten and abused, but they're still out there. I'm not entirely sure how this will end up, although I have my suspicions. Still, with the thorough coverage on Newsroom, it's been historic to see such expression in a conservative area.

No comments:

Post a Comment