Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Splendid Splinter (B/C as a rook he was real thin)

25 days since my last post, I have no illusions about this becoming a regular destination for readers of blogs or those who want consistent, insightful analysis of the 3 worlds in which my blog title portends to cover. However, it is a very therapeutic venue for me to occasionally talk a bit about three of my favorite subjects. Like maybe say, HBO.

HBO has recently premiered a fantastic documentary on Ted Williams, entitled, wait for it...'Ted Williams'. The network sticks to their consistent format w/ docs, adhering to the Liev Schreiber as narrator, expository type of storytelling. It works to tremendous effect. Williams is a man I've admired since I tried to imitate his batting stance at age 8. Age 22, I'm rambling about not only his greatness, but also how tterifically and objectively HBO captured it. It's obvious I'm sure, but. My imitation didn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment