Thursday, May 7, 2009

Manny Being Manny

This is the worst for Torre. He thought he escaped it and for the man's sake I wish he did. I'm not taking any glory in Manny being Manny and doing something ill-advised. Like the man to his left, I'm sure he's got some spectacular reason for why everyone else is mistaken and he's just SO repentant (I was naive, I'm only 37).  

I'm not surprised that he got caught with a PED. What surprises me is that he got caught NOW. This is the crackdown era. Was it really medication as claimed? Well let's see Manny. Your salary is just under the entire 2007 budget for the New York Legal Aid Society. Your pay is commensurate to a team of lawyers. That's okay. We know why athletes make so much and we're capitalists: they're paid only what the market will bear. 

But, if you're worth more than a pivotal part of the U.S. criminal defense system, maybe you'd be smart enough to pay a doctor. Have this doctor take the banned substances list. Have him take a list of ingredients in your medicine. And goddamn compare them!!!! You're a Hall of Famer, an unmitigated success, as happy as you'll ever be in LA. Use your head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment